Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

And please don't come back for at least a month!!
Ok...I know rain is important and it is a wonderful blessing from the Lord.
But...I haven't seen the sun since Friday and it's been seen sporadically before that! I feel like it's been raining solid since November! Yes, we've had some sunny days, but not like we are used to during Joburg summers.
On the upside...it is so green here! For those of you that have visited during the winter months when we get absolutely no rain, I know green is hard to imagine!
As soon as the sun comes out, I will go outside and take pictures. The grass is lush, the bushes are full, and the trees are a deep green! It really is beautiful!
And...come winter, we will all be wishing for a little rain and a little more green.
So, although I would like to see the sun and feel it's warmth on my face, I am enjoying seeing the the beautiful hills of Joburg filled with green.

No comments: