Saturday, July 19, 2008

Josh's New Do!



Josh has been dying to get his hair braided (plaited).  He's been asking and asking.  So finally I organized with a lady in my Bible study, Tryphina, to plait his hair.
Friday morning, I took him up to the stables to meet Tryphina.  After several minutes of discussion between her and some of the other groom's wives, and in a language I didn't understand, it was decided that she would sew his hair instead of plait it.  I think, since I didn't understand what they were talking about, that his hair was just not long enough.
Well, Tryphina started on Josh's hair at about 10:45 am.  I went off to ride Ivy quickly while Ruth Anne watched.  When I was done riding, I joined the group...the groom's wives plus their children stayed around watching, as well.  His hair was about half way finished.  It was definitely a painful process...as you can see by the grimace on his face!
Just before noon, his hair was done!  He loved it.  Ruth Anne told him that he was "looking so good, man."  But Josh said, "No.  That's not what you're supposed to say.  You're supposed to say, 'OH Yeah!"

1 comment:

Tracey Taylor said...

I love his new "do" (hairdo) he is so cute!! Miss ya'll!!