Sunday, March 07, 2010

Making Sushi


For my birthday, in January, I got a sushi "kit." I got 4 plates & bowls, a bamboo mat, rice spoon, chop sticks, and 2 cook books. I do have a tendancy to put things off, especially if I've never done it before.
So, Friday, I went out and bought smoked salmon and seaweed. We finally pulled out all the ingredients for sushi tonight (Sunday). I decided to start with veggie sushi that way if it didn't go right, I didn't waste a lot of money. I didn't get it rolled quite right, but there was promise.
I made a few adjustments when rolling and the next ones came out well!!
Josh, Ruth Anne & her friend, Chene, enjoyed it. So did I!
The only thing I wish is that I let Josh help. He really wanted to do some of it, but I was caught up in getting it right.
So tomorrow, I'm going to let him make some for his lunch!
JK

No comments: