Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Salt

Yesterday, I made some Pico de Gallo for our Mexican food dinner with our journeymen. Tonight, I pulled it out of the fridge and tasted it. Something was just not right. So I decided to add some salt, since I hadn't salted it the night before. OH MY! What a difference the salt made. It brought out the flavors and made them blend so nicely together. So, it made me think...

Matthew 5:13 says, "You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything..." Salt is a preservative, but it also adds lots of flavor. It brings out the natural flavors!

As a Christ-follower, am I bringing out the "flavor" of the gospel? Do I make Jesus appealing to others? Does Jesus "taste" good to the culture I am trying to reach for Him? Do others know how much I love Him? Is it evident?

Wow! I am salt...and I sure don't want to lose my flavor and be good for nothing.
My church is salt...

Just my thoughts while cooking!
JK

No comments: