Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Top 10 "Tag"

I was reading the blogs of two of my friends, recently.  Both of them said they would love to live somewhere else, but are sure that God has called them to the place they are in at this time.  Funny enough, one would love to be in the U.S. but is in Africa, the other would love to be overseas but is in the U.S.!!
Anyway...I got to thinking that I haven't seen a "tag" in awhile.  So I thought it is about time that I initiated one!  So here it is...
Name 10 things you love about the place where God has you right now.

I'm in Joburg, South Africa.  Here is my Top 10.
1.  The weather!  Joburg has sunny winters and almost no humidity all year round.  Temperatures average about 24 degrees C/80 degrees F.
2.  The landscape.  Our side of Joburg is full of mountains and hills.  They can make driving hard, but they make for some beautiful scenery.
3.  The people.  I have friends from many cultures...white, black, mixed race, Indian (from India), Japanese, Portuguese, Afrikaans speaking, English speaking, tribal language speaking, middle-class and poor.
4.  In 10 minutes, I can be at a really nice mall.
5.  In 20 minutes, I can be in the country.
6.  In 30 minutes, I can be at a game reserve and pet lions!
7.  I get to ride a horse whenever I have time.
8.  My kids go to a really good school.
9.  A petrol/gas station attendant fills my car with petrol, washes the windows, and checks the oil, water and tire pressure.
10.  There is a wonderful choice of fresh fruit, vegetables and fruit juices.  And they are cheap, also!

I know I can think of more things...but I said 10...so...
Angie and Bonnie, it is your turn.  I'm tagging you both!  So, what do love about the places God has called you to?
Hey Grant...you and Liesel can be "tagged" as well, since you are now enjoying life in the States.  But, if you say you love having snow 7+ months out of the year, everyone will know you are still new to living in the North!
And to others, thank the Lord for where He has you.
Jeremiah 29:11

Blessings,
JK

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hey! I played, I played!

I'd love to hear Josh on the drums! That's so cool.

We'll be at Bims Thanksgiving week with my parents. Can we all meet up for dinner??

Anonymous said...

10. The weather - the summer's are mild.
9. The 4 distinct seasons.
8. The snow - Yes Janna-Kay we are still new in Ohio ;)
7. Being 5 minutes away from Lake Erie and its beaches.
6. The affordable housing market - meaning we can live in a size house we could never afford in SA.
5. The number and variety of playgrounds within close proximity.
4. Access to a wonderful library!
3. Crocker Park - a lovely shopping district which is nice to walk around in especially in the evenings.
2. Being able to go to a great MOPS ministry.
1. Our fantastic church.