Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Stress Free

I don't normally read "Fwd:Fwd" emails, but a friend sent one about reducing stress...I don't have much stress...but I thought I would read the advice it gave. I was surprised by the number of suggestions listed that have worked for me...and there were a few I need to try. I've compacted the list...thought I'd share it with you all! Blessings!
1. Pray without ceasing. Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until bedtime to try and pray.
2. Go to bed on time...get enough rest! Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
3. Say "no" to projects that won't fit into your time schedule. And, delegate tasks to capable others.
4. Allow extra time to do things and get to places. (My husband is great at this!)
5. Simplify and unclutter your life. Remember less can be more!
6. Live within your budget and don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
7. Eat right.
8. Carry a Bible or good book to read while waiting in line. (My husband and I hardly go anywhere without a book.)
9. Get organized so everything has its place. (I even organized a cooking calendar...so when someone asks "What's for dinner?" I can tell them! It has helped me tremendously!)
10. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all. (Ok...this I could definitely improve on.)
11. Everyday, find time to be alone.
12. Write down thoughts and inspirations. (Blogger is a great place to share those!)
13. Keep a folder of favorites Scriptures on hand.
14. Do something everyday for the "kid" in you.
15. Laugh. Then, laugh some more!
16. Make friends with godly people.
17. Talk less and listen more.
18. Be kind to unkind people. They probably need it the most.
19. Develop a forgiving attitude. Most people are doing the best they can.
20. Every night before you go to bed, think of one thing you are grateful for that you've never been grateful for before and share that with God. (This I must start doing!)

Hope this encourages you. Maybe you know of some other ways to reduce stress or simply make each day easier & better! Love to hear from you!
JK

1 comment:

Angie said...

This is a great list!